- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 heaping cups pulled chicken meat (preferably pasture-raised & organic)
- 1 – 2 jalapeño peppers, sliced (seeded if less heat is desired)
- Sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Add coconut oil to a medium pot over low-medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery and saute for 10 minutes, until onions are translucent and vegetables are aromatic.
- Add chicken stock and meat, cover, and bring to a boil. Lower heat and continue to simmer, covered, for an additional 20 minutes, or until vegetables are just-tender.
- Add sliced jalapeños, sea salt, and black pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh cilantro (if desired) and serve hot.
Source: In Sonnet’s Kitchen
(Visited 41 times, 1 visits today)