Preparation Time: 3 Hours
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Yellow onion 1
- Fresh lemon juice ¼ cup
- Olive oil ¼ cup + 1 tbsp
- All spice powder as required
- Lamb 450 gm (top round, cut into 1 inch cubes)
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Garlic cloves 2 (crushed)
- Salt & freshly ground pepper as required
- Sweet paprika 2 tsp
- Chili powder ¼ tsp
- Tomato sauce 1 can
- Water 2 tbsp
- Chicken stock 2 tbsp
- Bread 1 (sliced into 1 inch cubes)
- Fresh green chilies 2 (long)
- Puree the onion, lemon juice, 2 tbsp of oil and all spice in a food processor.
- In a bowl, pour over lamb and toss to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours to marinate.
- Combine the yogurt and half the garlic, another tbsp of lemon juice and a touch of salt and ground pepper in a small bowl.
- Cover and place in the fridge.
- Heat the remaining oil in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add the remaining garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until soft.
- Add the paprika and chili and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add the tomato sauce and water and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pieces of bread in a bowl and pour a little olive oil over, then season with salt & pepper.
- Toss to coat. Place on a pan and bake until crispy on outside, but soft in the middle, about 6-7 minutes.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade and season with salt and pepper.
- Thread the lamb onto 4 skewers.
- Preheat a barbecue or large grill pan on high.
- Add the lamb and cook, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- When the lamb is about halfway done add the green chillies to the pan and roast, turning every few minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Divide the bread and chilies evenly among serving plates.
- Remove lamb from skewers and place on top of bread.
- Dress with even amounts of yogurt and spicy tomato sauce.
(Visited 298 times, 1 visits today)