Total Time:1 hrs 45 mins
Preparation Time:15 mins
Cooking Time: 1 hrs 30 mins
Servings: 1 Loaf
- 3/4 cup golden raisin
- 3/4 cup currants
- 1/3 cup crystallized cherries (undyed preferred)
- 1/3 cup candied peel
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup cold strong tea
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice (Cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove)
- Soak the raisins and currents in the cold tea overnight.
- Heat oven to 350F and line a 1 lb loaf pan with greased parchment paper.
- Add all the remaining ingredient to the raisins, currents and cold tea.
- Stir well and pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for apprx 1 1/2 hours or until cooked through.
- Keeps well in a covered tin.
- Serve buttered.
(Visited 226 times, 1 visits today)