- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 pounds spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a 6- to 8-qt. pot, cook onion in oil over medium heat until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add ginger and spices and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Working in batches, stir in spinach and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in yogurt and salt.
- Serve with steamed basmati rice and warm naan (Indian flatbread).
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1 1/2-cup serving.
(Visited 104 times, 1 visits today)