Total Time: 1 Hour
Servings: 6 (serving size: 1 cup soup and 4 teaspoons yogurt mixture)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 8 ounces carrot, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 (1-pound) butternut squash, peeled and cut into (1/2-inch) cubes
- 1 (8-ounce) acorn squash, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 6 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Arrange the first 5 ingredients on a jelly-roll pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with pepper. Toss. Roast at 500° for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning once. Cool for 10 minutes. Peel acorn squash; discard skin.
- Combine vegetable mixture, 2 cups water, curry powder, garam masala, and red pepper in a food processor; pulse to desired consistency. Scrape mixture into a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in broth; bring to a boil.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, and stir in salt. Combine yogurt and honey, stirring well. Serve with soup.
(Visited 64 times, 1 visits today)