Total Time: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 ounces lean ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon red curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 cup brown lentils
- 2 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl. Add lamb and next 4 ingredients (through red pepper); sauté 4 minutes, stirring to crumble. Add onion, carrot, and jalapeño; sauté 4 minutes or until lamb is browned. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in tomato paste; sauté 30 seconds.
- Add lentils; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in broth and next 3 ingredients (through tomatoes); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 40 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Ladle about 1 cup lentil mixture into each of 4 bowls; top each serving with 1 tablespoon yogurt and 1 tablespoon cilantro.
(Visited 44 times, 1 visits today)