- 1 cup glutinous rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded young coconut
- Heat pan over low-medium heat and bring your coconut milk to boil.
- Add brown sugar. Mix and cook uncovered until it thickens and oil starts to form, about 15-20 minutes. Make sure to stir frequently to avoid it from burning.
- Add your shredded young coconut and simmer on low heat for about 10-15 minutes or until you reach your desired consistency. I prefer mine kinda runny because I love the coconut sauce on my Inday-Inday so I turned off my heat after about 10 minutes.
- Once your bukayo is done, set it aside and prepare your glutinous rice.
- In a medium bowl, combine glutinous rice flour with water and mix until a dough is formed.
- Scoop about 1-2 tablespoons of dough then mold it into a little balls.
- Flatten the ball-shaped dough using the palm of your hands to make round patties.
- Drop flattened dough into the boiling water and cook until it starts to float.
- When the flattened dough starts to float, turn it over and let cook for another minute. Remove them from the pot and set it aside allowing water to drip.
- Arrange on a serving plate and top with bukayo.
- Enjoy your Inday-Inday with Bukayo
Source: Pinoy Favorites
(Visited 547 times, 1 visits today)