- 2 kilo combination of the following:
- Pork tenderloin, julienne strips
- Pork kidney, julienne strips (soaked in salt water for at least twenty minutes before slicing)
- Pork liver, julienne strips
- 1 ½ cups of green peas (preferably fresh, but canned will also do)
- 3 medium-sized carrots, cut in strips
- 3 medium-sized potatoes, cut in strips
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in strips
- 2 green bell peppers, cut in strips
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium-sized onion, minced
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1 ½ cups of water
- Liver spread (optional)
- Soy sauce
- Cooking oil
- Black Peppercorns
- Salt and pepper to taste
- The trick to a great-tasting igado is the mix of meat textures. To ensure this, cleaning the meat is essential. Since the dish obliges pork innards, make sure to clean the meat, kidney and liver in running water to get rid of excess blood and other impurities. Be very careful of cleaning the liver not to puncture them. For the pork kidney, after cleaning, soak it on water and salt solution for at least 20 minutes to remove any lingering odour.
- In a heated pan, sauté garlic, onions and meat. Don’t mix until the liver turns hard.
- Add liver spread to increase the liver’s flavour, soy sauce and vinegar. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Add green peas, carrots and potatoes. Add water and bring to a boil.
- Taste the consistency of the sauce after simmering. If its on the watery side, add more liver spread. If not, add the bell peppers and bay leaf. Season to taste.Serve hot.
Via: Igado Recipe
(Visited 52 times, 1 visits today)