Igado is a popular Ilocano dish made pork meat and innards dish. It is consist of pork meat, liver, heart or kidney sauteed and cooked in a blend of water, soy sauce, vinegar together with carrots, bell pepper and green peas.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 30-40 minutes
- 500 grams pork loin, sliced into strips
- 150 grams pork liver, sliced into strips
- 200 grams pork heart and kidney, sliced into strips(optional)
- 3 pieces bay leaves(laurel)
- 4 gloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium-sized carrot, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot, heat oil and saute garlic and onion.
- Add pork meat and simmer until color turns to golden brown.
- Pour water, soy sauce, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Simmer until pork is tender.
- Add pork liver, heart and kidney, pour vinegar and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add green peas and bell pepper. Simmer for another 3 minutes or until sauce thicken.
- Transfer to serving plate and serve with rice.