Huevos Rancheros is a simple breakfast dish made from spicy salsa, egg, and flour tortilla. This dish tastes fresh and delicious. It will surely give you the energy that you need for the first half of the day. Since it is spicy, this dish will make sure that you will not feel sleepy too.
Making huevos rancheros is quick and easy. I used store bought flour tortilla and canned tomato and pepper to make the process quick. All I needed was to make the salsa and fry the egg.
Making the salsa is easy. Simply saute the onion, tomato, chipotle pepper, and banana pepper in a pan –that’s it. Banana peppers are not the traditional green pepper used for this dish, but I used it anyway because i like how it tasted. These is the same variety of pepper that I use when cooking sinigang or dinuguan.
The result of this recipe is a simple and delicious breakfast dish. It is a bit spicy though, but nothing that a glass of fresh milk cannot handle.
Try this delicious breakfast Huevos Rancheros Recipe. Send us your feedback.
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) fire roasted tomato
- 1 can (7 oz) Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce, chopped
- ¼ cup Cilantro
- 6 small flour tortillas
- 1 medium Spanish onion, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 banana pepper, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Prepare the salsa by heating 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a pan. Saute the onion until it becomes soft. Add the diced tomatoes, add the chipotle pepper, and banana pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the eggs. I prefer either sunny side up or ever easy. Set Aside.
- Heat a clean frying pan. Once the pan starts to heat-up, lay a corn tortilla flat over the pan and continue to heat up (using medium heat) for 2 minutes per side.
- Arrange the warm tortillas on a serving plate. Top with fried egg and salsa. Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Via: Huevos Rancheros