Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 3/4 kilo chicken fillets, cut into cubes
- toasted sesame seeds for garnishing
- cooking oil for frying
- 1 raw egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch(dissolved in 3/4 cup water)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup(optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chili flakes(optional)
- In a bowl, combine the chicken and coating ingredients then stir to coat the chicken evenly. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- In a frying pan, heat cooking oil and deep fry chicken for about 7 minutes or until color turns to golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat sesame oil then saute ginger and garlic.
- Add the rest of sauce ingredients then simmer while keep stirring until slightly thickens. Turn off heat.
- Add chicken pieces then toss to coat. Transfer to serving plate then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
(Visited 22 times, 1 visits today)