- 1 whole duck (approx. 2kg)
- sea salt and pepper
Habanero Honey Glaze:
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 habanero pepper, seeds removed for less spice, minced
- ½ C honey
- ¼ C rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs tamari (gluten free soya sauce) or coconut aminos
- Prepare duck by thoroughly drying the skin and coating with sea salt and pepper. Place on a wire rack above your roasting pan. Preheat oven to 300F.
- Cook duck for 3.5 hours, turning over every hour.
- Remove duck from the oven and increase the heat to 400F, brush the duck all over with about half the glaze and return to the oven for 10 minutes to get nice and crispy.
- Allow duck to rest a few minutes before serving. You can shred the meat nicely with two forks or slice it thinly with a bit of extra sauce on top. Enjoy!
Habanero honey glaze:
- Heat oil in a small sauce pan or skillet and add garlic and habanero, allow to become fragrant and turn slightly golden before adding the remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes, allowing the mixture to become slightly thicker.
Source: Honest Cooking
(Visited 28 times, 1 visits today)