- 1 lb thin sliced chicken breast, cut into strips
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
For the spice mixture:
- 1 tablespoon salt (it won’t taste salty)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (may sub. regular)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Slice the chicken breasts into strips.
- Mix Spices together in a small sealable bag. Add 1 tablespoon of the spices, flour, bread crumbs, cheese, and cornmeal to a medium sized bowl. Set aside. Store remaining spices.
- Transfer beaten eggs to a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Coat each chicken strip with the flour mixture, then egg, and then back in the flour mixture.
- Pour enough vegetable oil in to a medium-large skillet so that it is 1/4-inch deep and heat over medium high heat. Fry the chicken strips (in batches if necessary) until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Set aside on paper towels to drain oil.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce of choice.
Source: Layers Of Happiness
(Visited 16 times, 1 visits today)