- 5-6kg pickled leg of pork, uncooked
- 440g can pineapple syrup
- 6 glace cherries
- Ham Glaze
- 2 cups soft brown sugar
- ½ cup canned pineapple syrup
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- With a sharp knife, cut the rind around the pork and down the centre to free it on all sides, ensuring that you have cut right through the rind to the fat.
- Prepare the barbecue with Heat Beads® BBQ Briquettes. Place the prepared leg of pork on the barbecue and cook with the lid on for 2 hours to blister the skin.
- Remove the skin. This skin is delicious to eat when broken up and served with drinks. Score the fat to form diamonds 2.5cm across and continue cooking with the lid on.
- To make the glaze, combine all the glaze ingredients and heat them until the sugar dissolves.
- Half an hour later, decorate the ham with the pineapple rings and glace cherries, using toothpicks to secure them. Liberally glaze and continue cooking. Smoke with hickory wood chunks after the glaze has been added. Glaze 2-3 more times during the last hour of cooking.
- When ready, serve the hot meat sliced with salad or vegetables. Cold left over ham makes beautiful sandwiches.
Source: Heat Beads
(Visited 55 times, 1 visits today)