- 2 pounds spare ribs
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons shaoxing cooking wine
- Pinch or two of white pepper
- In large baking dish, line with foil and place short ribs onto the foil.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce (hoisin, honey, five spice powder, soy sauce, cooking wine, and white pepper).
- Pour the sauce all over the top of the spare ribs then using your hands, coat the spare ribs entirely in all the sauce. Cover the baking dish with another layer of foil, then put in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 4 hours, best overnight.
- When the spare ribs are done marinating, pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the baking dish, covered, into the oven and bake for 1 hour, turning the ribs halfway through and basting with the liquid that has collected at the bottom of the pan.
- Once ribs are done, remove from baking dish and put them on a plate. Pour the liquid that has collected at the bottom of the pan into a small sauce pan and bring to a low simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until sauce has thickened slightly. If it doesn’t thicken easily, we just mix in a little cornstarch and water mixture (1 teaspoon cornstarch to 2 teaspoons water) and it thickens right up!
- Pour thickened sauce all over ribs and serve!
Source: Table For Two
(Visited 19 times, 1 visits today)