- 3 large garlic cloves, pressed or finely chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1/4 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Ground cayenne pepper
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts*
- 1/2 pound bacon (I used uncured black forest bacon, but I’m geeky like that.)
- Combine garlic, scallion, and jalapeño, mashing together with the back of a spoon to make a coarse paste. Rub both breasts (ha) with garlic/scallion mixture, then season both sides lightly with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Line a plate with half the bacon, and center one breast in the middle. Wrap the breast with bacon and trim off excess. Place breast in a glass or ceramic baking dish, and repeat with second breast. Use any extra bacon clippings to fill in the gaps.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until chicken breasts reach 165F, about 25 minutes. Let rest for five minutes before cutting, then slices along bacon lines to serve.
Source: Fearless Fresh
(Visited 37 times, 1 visits today)