- 8 Chicken pieces
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 TB Fresh Rosemary, chopped, divided
- 2 TB Fresh Thyme, chopped, divided
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 250g Mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 2 TB Flour
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine (or more Chicken Stock)
- 2 TB Dijon Mustard
- 1 TB Parsley, chopped (plus extra to sprinkle)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F)
- Season the Chicken with Salt and Pepper, as well as 1 TB Rosemary and 1 TB Thyme.
- In a large oven proof skillet, heat the Oil – place the Chicken skin side down and fry 5 minutes or until the skin has browned – turn over.
- Transfer the skillet with the Chicken to the oven and bake 25 – 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the Chicken and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, brown the Mushrooms until golden and just tender.
- Sprinkle over the Flour and stir through – add the Chicken Stock, Wine, Mustard, remaining Rosemary and Thyme – simmer over medium heat until the sauce has thickened – stir in the Parsley and transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve the mushroom sauce over the Chicken, sprinkled with extra Parsley with rice or mashed potatoes.
Source: With A Blast
(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)