- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 baby red bell pepper, diced
- 1 baby yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 baby orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 small sweet yellow onion, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, divided
- In a small bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and sesame seeds. Whisk until combined and set aside to allow flavors to mingle.
- Season the diced chicken with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg whites together with the corn starch until well combined.
- Add the seasoned chicken and toss to coat evenly.
- In a large non-stick skillet add a tablespoon of coconut oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Once hot add in the peppers and onions then cook for 4-5 minutes until slightly softened. Remove to a plate; set aside.
- In the same skillet heat another 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add in the chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes, making sure to cook all sides, until golden and fully cooked. Add the peppers and onions back in along with the well whisked sesame sauce. Toss to coat evenly and simmer for a minute or two to thicken. Serve topped with green onions along with rice & sriracha, if desired. Enjoy!
Source: For The Love Of Cooking
(Visited 35 times, 1 visits today)