For the Marinade
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
For the Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 large red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup snow peas, sliced into 1” pieces
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 2 cups frozen broccoli, defrosted
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups cooked Minute® Brown Rice
- Sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds, for serving
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Add in the chicken, and toss to coat. Let marinate in the fridge will you chop your veggies.
- When you have all your veggies ready to go, heat a large wok over high heat. Add one tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade, reserving it. Add the chicken to the wok and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about five minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the wok, and then add in the garlic. Cook for a minute or until fragrant. Add in the carrots, bell peppers, snow peas, and mushrooms. Cook until bright in color and just crisp cooked, about three minutes.
- Add in the broccoli and cooked chicken. Reduce heat to low.
- Whisk the cornstarch into the reserved marinade, and then pour into the wok. Bring to a simmer and cook until thick, about five minutes. Serve on top of Minute Brown Rice and topped with green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Source: Back To Her Roots
(Visited 35 times, 1 visits today)