- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 pounds chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups diced ham
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup half & half cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Cook potatoes in broth and salt for 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook till crisp tender, 5-10 more minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
If you prefer a thicker soup, you can melt together 1/4 cup butter and flour in a small saucepan, then add to the soup after cooking the broccoli. Stir often while the soup is simmering.