Ham and Egg Fried Rice with Sweet Peas is an easy fried rice recipe to make with leftover white rice and ham. The eggs and sweet peas make it look and taste better. This is good for lunch along with some sweet and sour pork. It also works for fried dishes.
I usually have fried rice with a bowl of egg drop soup on the side and a serving of Chinese pork Asado. I really enjoyed the combination of dishes and made it my regular order in the restaurant where we usually dine-in.
There were times wherein I cannot think of anything to eat Ham and Egg Fried Rice with Sweet Peas with (maybe because this is a meal in itself), so I just eat it as it is. Sometimes I like to add a little bit of ketchup on the rice.
By the way, it is best if you use frozen green peas instead of the ones in can. It is easier to toss the peas while frozen and it does not turn into a mash easily no matter how many times you toss and stir-fry the rice.
Try this Ham and Egg Fried Rice with Sweet Peas Recipe. Enjoy!
- 4 to 5 cups leftover white rice
- 6 ounces ham, chopped
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup frozen sweet peas
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle the salt all over the rice. Toss to mix.
- Heat a wide pan and then pour-in the oil. Once the oil gets hot, add the ham and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Push the ham on one side. Crack the eggs on the open space in the pan. Quickly stir until the yolk and whites are blended while cooking. Continue to cook while stirring until the eggs are cooked. Chop the eggs into small pieces using your spatula.
- Add the sweet peas. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Put the rice in the pan. Toss. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
- Share and enjoy!