- 1 cup sweetened red mung beans (monggo)
- 1 cup sweetened white beans
- 1 cup kaong (sugar palm seed)
- 1 cup nata de coco (coconut gel)
- 1 cup macapuno (coconut sport strips)
- 1 cup langka (bottled jackfruit strips)
- 4 tsps white sugar, optional
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups shaved or crushed ice
- 1/2 cup purple yam jam (halayang ube)
- 1/2 leche flan (caramel custard)
- 4 scoops ice cream (vanilla, strawberry, or purple yam flavor), optional
- pinipig (just to sprinkle on top of ice cream)
- Place about 1 tablespoon each of the first 6 ingredients into 4 tall glasses.
- If desired, add a teaspoon of white sugar per glass.
- Add half cup of shaved ice to each glass.
- Add 1/4 cup of evaporated milk to each glass.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of purple yam jam and caramel custard.
- If you want to make it special halo-halo, add a scoop of ice cream.
- Serve with a long spoon.
Source: Let’s Cook With Prince Bisoy
(Visited 94 times, 1 visits today)