- 1 kilo purple yams
- 2 cans condensed milk (12 ounces)
- 1 can evaporated milk (14 ounces)
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- Boil the Ube in water until cooked. Drain and cool.
- Peel and grate the ube yam, mashing can be okay too.
- On a big pan melt butter and add condensed milk. Add vanilla too (optional) Blend or mix well. Lower the heat and add in the grated ube. Mix continuously until the mixture becomes sticky. Slowly add in the beaten egg yolks and evaporated milk to the mixture and mix again. I do not suggest doing what we did as seen in the following pictures which led to our ube turning green. Ha! Ha!
- Pour the mixture on buttered pans or serving platters.
- Let cool and refrigerate before serving.
Source: Kusina Ni Mudra
(Visited 25 times, 1 visits today)