- 1 kg. or 2.2 lbs chicken, cut into stewing pieces
- 3/4 cup vinegar (cane, palm or white )
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-1/2 inches ginger, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rings and pounded
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns, cracked
- 1-1/2 cups coconut milk (gata)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- annatto (achuete) water (1/4 tsp annatto seeds dissolved in 1 tsp water, strained and discard seeds)
- 1 pc finger pepper (siling haba, siling pangsigang)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (kakang gata)
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, combine chicken, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- In a preheated pot, place the marinated chicken and coconut milk. Simmer over medium heat until chicken is tender. Add the soy sauce and annatto water for color. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, lower the heat and add the finger pepper and the coconut cream. Stir continuously to thicken the sauce. Season with salt. Serve warm.
Source: Filipino Village
(Visited 28 times, 1 visits today)