- 2 1/2 lbs flank-style beef short ribs
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 medium pear (preferably Asian)
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 6 large cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 medium onion
- For serving: toasted sesame seeds, minced chives or green onions
- Combine all marinade ingredients (everything from the soy sauce to the onion) in a small blender or food processor and process until smooth. Pour over ribs in a shallow baking dish and stir to coat evenly. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the fridge for up to 48 hours.
- Preheat grill over high heat for about 10 minutes. Grill ribs over direct heat for about 3 minutes on the first side (or until ribs release easily and are well marked), with lid closed, then flip and cook 1-2 minutes on the other side. Transfer to a serving plate, tent with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and/or chives/green onions, if desired.
- (Alternatively, ribs can be cooked directly under a preheated broiler or on a lightly-oiled stovetop grill pan, preheated for at least 5 minutes over high heat.)
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)