- 2 pounds fresh gulf shrimp peeled
- 1 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1 medium lime juice
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine tequila, cilantro, lime, olive oil, onion powder, salt and pepper. Whisk together until well combined. Pour a 1/4 cup of the mixture into a small bowl and set aside. Add fresh peeled shrimp into the large bowl mixture and gently toss together until well coated. Place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to marinate.
- After 30 minutes, heat the grill to a medium high temperature. Skewer the shrimp (depending on the size, if needed) and place onto the grill for 2-4 minutes or until the first side has turned pink and slightly golden. Flip skewers over and cook the other side for another 2-4 minutes or until shrimp is pink and that side is slightly golden. Remove from the grill and either brush or toss the shrimp with the remaining sauce then serve.
Source: Local Savour
(Visited 39 times, 1 visits today)