Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 Thai chiles, very thinly sliced
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups lightly packed Thai basil leaves
- 1 English cucumber, halved crosswise and shaved lengthwise (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup lightly packed sweet basil leaves, large leaves torn in half
- 1/3 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup very thinly sliced shallots
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Combine 1 teaspoon fish sauce, soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon sugar in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag, and shake to coat. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- While chicken marinates, mash garlic with flat side of a knife to form a paste; place in a bowl. Add remaining 2 teaspoons fish sauce, remaining 1 teaspoon sugar, lime juice, oil, and chiles to garlic, stirring well; let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from bag. Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from grill. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut chicken into slices.
- Place Thai basil leaves, cucumber, sweet basil leaves, cilantro leaves, and shallots in a large bowl; toss gently to combine. Divide salad and chicken evenly among 4 plates; drizzle evenly with dressing.
(Visited 41 times, 1 visits today)