Grilled Chicken and Spinach Salad. Besides tasting good, this recipe is healthy and fit for people with weight loss goals.Skinned chicken breast is a good source of protein. It should have a low fat content as long as the skin is not there and side fats are trimmed before cooking.Baby spinach, on the other hand, is rich in anti oxidants and a good source of folic acid. It can also supply us with other important vitamins and minerals that are necessary to achieve good health.
- 2 cups baby spinach, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces boneless chicken breast, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine baby spinach, parmesan cheese, and 1 tablespoon olive oil then toss.
- Arrange spinach in a serving plate. Set aside.
- Season chicken with thyme, salt, and ground black pepper. Let stand for at least 30 minutes
- Grill the chicken for 5 minutes per side.
- While grilling, pour remaining olive oil in a pan and caramelize the onion. Set aside.
- Arrange the grilled chicken strips over the spinach and top with caramelized onions.
- Serve. Share and enjoy!
Tip: Serve with some great, crusty French bread.