165°F or above for 15 seconds – Poultry, baluts, stuffing containing fish, meat, poultry or ratites, stuffed pasta, fish, meat, poultry or ratites, and wild game animals.
Which foods must be cooked to at least 165 F?
Note: There are three important temperatures to remember when cooking meat or eggs at home: Eggs and all ground meats must be cooked to 160°F; poultry and fowl to 165°F; and fresh meat steaks, chops and roasts to 145°F.
What food should be cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 165 F for 15 seconds?
1. Beef steak: cook to an internal temperature of 145˚F (63˚C) for fifteen seconds. 2. Duck: cook to an internal temperature of 165˚F (74˚C) for fifteen seconds.
Which food must be cooked at 165 degrees or above for less than 1 second?
Cooking Temperature Requirements. Minimum internal temperature of 165℉ (74℃) for less than 1 second applies to: Poultry – including whole or ground chicken, turkey, or duck. Stuffing made with TCS (Temperature Control for Safety)ingredients.
Which foods must be cooked to a temperature of 165?
Safe Minimum Cooking Temperatures Chart
|Food||Type||Internal Temperature (°F)|
|Ground meat and meat mixtures||Beef, pork, veal, lamb||160|
|Fresh beef, veal, lamb||Steaks, roasts, chops Rest time: 3 minutes||145|
|Poultry||All Poultry (breasts, whole bird, legs, thighs, wings, ground poultry, giblets, and stuffing)||165|
Which one of these foods must be cooked to at least 165 F quizlet?
Terms in this set (60) The minimum internal temperature at which poultry products should always be cooked is: Poultry should always be cooked to 165°F.
How do you properly cook food?
Food safety when cooking
- Cook food properly – to at least 75 °C or hotter.
- Use a thermometer to check the temperature of cooked foods.
- If you use a microwave, check that the food is cooked evenly throughout.
- Cook foods made from eggs thoroughly.
- Cool and store cooked food as soon as possible.
- Reheat food until steaming hot.
What is the temperature danger zone for food?
Bacteria grow most rapidly in the range of temperatures between 40 °F and 140 °F, doubling in number in as little as 20 minutes. This range of temperatures is often called the “Danger Zone.” Never leave food out of refrigeration over 2 hours.
What is the minimum internal cooking temperature for scrambled eggs?
– Fruit, vegetables, grains (pasta, rice), and legumes (beans, refried beans) that will be hot-held for service. Cooking in a Microwave (eggs, poultry, fish and meat): 165°F is minimum internal cooking temperature.
What is the proper way to take food temperature?
- Insert stem at least 2 inches into the thickest part of the food without touching fat or bone.
- The temperature should register in about 15 to 20 seconds.
- Insert sideways into thin foods like hamburgers and chicken breasts.
What is the first step in the cooling process?
The first step is to reduce the temperature from 135°F to 70°F within two hours of preparation; the second step is to reduce the temperature from 70°F to 41°F or colder within an additional four-hour period. Total cooling time should never exceed six hours.
What is required when receiving fish that will be served raw or partially cooked?
What is required when receiving fish that will be served raw or partially cooked? It must be correctly frozen before you receive it.
When must bulk unpackaged food be labeled?
ServSafe Chapter 7 – obj. 4.04
|Bulk unpackaged foods in self-service areas must be labeled when||the manufacturer claims the food is healthy|
|When can raw, unpackaged meat be offered for self-service?||At Mongolian barbeques,|
What temperature is shrimp fully cooked?
Temperature: The internal temperature of a fully cooked shrimp is 120 degrees Fahrenheit. That is really just for reference — few home cooks will be using a thermometer on these tiny decapods and it’s really not neccessary, either. But issues of shrimp doneness can be a bit confusing.
What temp should cooked fish be?
Kitchen Fact: The safe internal temperature for cooked fish is 145°F, or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. When cooking fish, cook it until the center reaches 145°F on an instant-read or meat thermometer.
What temperature does food have to be served at?
Food should be cooked thoroughly to kill food poisoning bacteria. The core temperature should reach 75°C instantaneously or equivalent, e.g. 70°C for two minutes. The core is taken as the centre or thickest part of the food.