How long do you grill a filet mignon for medium rare?
How to Grill Filet Mignon
- For a 1-inch cut, grill 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 12 to 15 minutes for medium (160°F).
- For a 1½-inch cut, grill 15 to 19 minutes for medium-rare (145°F) or 18 to 23 minutes for medium (160°F).
- Transfer the meat to a platter.
How long do you cook a filet mignon on each side?
FILETS MIGNON & CENTER-CUT RIBEYES
|Thickness||Rare 110 to 120 F||Medium 130 to 140 F|
|1.5″||3 minutes EACH SIDE||4 minutes EACH SIDE|
|1.75″||3.5 minutes EACH SIDE||4.5 minutes EACH SIDE|
|2″||4 minutes EACH SIDE||5 minutes EACH SIDE|
How do you grill a filet mignon medium rare?
Grill the filet mignon.
Place the steaks on the grill grates over indirect heat, close the lid, and cook until the steaks are 10 degrees away from your target temperature , flipping once halfway through (Rare = 115 degrees F, Medium Rare = 125, Medium = 135, Medium Well = 145, Well = 150 degrees F).
How do you grill filet mignon on a gas grill?
For the filets
- Season both sides of the filet generously with salt and pepper and fresh rosemary. …
- Preheat grill to high heat, Keep the lid closed and let the internal temp to get up to around 500° F.
- Place the filets face down and sear undisturbed for 5 minutes. …
- For rare, sear for 4 minutes a side.
How do you grill a 2 inch filet mignon?
Grilling Filet Mignon
- fully. grilled filet mignon steak – grilling filet mignon – Weber Grills Tips & Techniques BlogGrill your filets over direct high heat with the lid closed as much as possible for 6-8 minutes, turning once.
- Move the filets over to indirect heat for an additional 4-6 minutes or until your desired degree of doneness.
What temperature should I grill filet mignon?
Filets should be cooked on the grill over medium-high heat. Ideally, you should get the temperature to around 450-degrees on a gas grill or set your filets on a grill rack directly over medium coals on a charcoal grill.
How do you know a filet mignon is done?
A meat thermometer should read 130°F. Rest your steaks for 5 minutes before serving, covering lightly with foil. The temperature of the meat will continue to rise about 5°F during this time (this is called “carryover cooking”). The final temperature will read 135°F.
How long do you cook a 2 inch thick filet mignon?
Remember to fully thaw your steaks. Sear on high heat for 2 minutes on one side, then turn and move to indirect heat. Turn them 1 minute before the halfway point of the cooking time.
|Medium-Well1 3/4 inches 2 1/2 inches||13-14 mins 16-18 mins|
How do I cook a 2 inch thick filet mignon?
Sear filets 2 minutes per side on the stovetop in a cast iron skillet on high heat with real butter or oil and then immediately transfer to a preheated oven at 415° F. I typically bake filets for about 5-6 minutes for medium-rare. That’s the beauty of cast iron, you can easily transfer from stovetop to oven.
Should you marinate a filet mignon?
However, a filet mignon marinade can enhance the tender, juicy flavor of your steak. Since a filet is known for its tenderness and light flavor, a marinade is the way to go if you are wanting to enhance that flavor just enough to please the taste buds without it being too strong.
What temp is medium well filet mignon?
Medium rare – make sure your thermometer registers between 130 to 135 degrees Fahrenheit or 54 degree Celsius. Medium – look for a temperature between 140 to 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Medium well – for steaks at this doneness, the temperature clocks in between 150 to 155 degrees Fahrenheit.
How do you grill a 2 inch steak on a gas grill?
To cook a 2-inch-thick steak, use direct heat. When grill is medium (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds), follow directions below; cook steak 20 to 25 minutes for rare, 27 to 30 for medium.
How long do you grill an 8 oz filet?
Heat grill to medium-high (approximately 450 degrees) and season filets to taste. Place the steaks on the grill and close the lid. Grill on the first side for 6 minutes. Flip and grill for another 6 minutes or until the filets reach an internal temperature of 145-150 degrees.