- 12 Slices Of Crusty Bread Cut From A 4 Inch Wide Baguette
- 1/2 Cup Finely Diced Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled & Minced
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Small Zucchini, Trimmed & Grated
- 3 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1/3 Cup Grated Pecorino Cheese (Parmesan Also Works Fine)
- Salt & Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and then cook the onion until softened and tender.
- Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant.
- Add the grated zucchini to the pan and toss with the onion mixture.
- Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Add the parsley, lemon zest, grated cheese, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, mix well.
- Heat the broiler and place the slices of bread on a baking sheet.
- Broil on one side until lightly browned.
- Turn and broil the other side just until the slices begin to take on color.
- Spread some of the zucchini mixture over each bread slice spreading it evenly to cover.
- Return the pan to the oven and broil until bubbly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
(Visited 192 times, 1 visits today)