- 1 whole regular sized Tambakol (about 1kg) or half of a big size Tuna
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp. palm vinegar
- 3 pcs green chilis
- 1 pc. chopped red hot chili (optional if you want it extra hot)
- ginger (about an inch), sliced
- salt and pepper to taste (pepper must be the whole grain but ground a bit)
- Clean fish by removing its gills and guts then slice to serving pieces. Season with salt.
- Cook the fish by steaming them with vinegar (paksiw). In a cooking pan add the fish, garlic, ginger, onion, and vinegar, bring to boil in medium heat and continue cooking the fish in low heat for about 5 minutes until the meat is soft and fragrant.
- Adjust the heat to high and add the coconut milk (don’t stir too much – so that the fish will not break apart). Bring to boil, Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Adjust thickness of sauce by slowly adding water up to desired consistency. Drop the whole green chilies and the chopped hot chili. Adjust taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer into a serving plate and serve with hot rice and enjoy!
Source: I Am Pinoypi
(Visited 137 times, 1 visits today)