- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 thumb-size ginger, cut to strips
- 6 to 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium bulb onion, chopped
- 6 medium red tomatoes, sliced
- 500 grams canned squid in natural ink
- 2 to 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 to 6 long chili (siling haba)
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan. Toss in the ginger. When the ginger turns light brown, add garlic and sauté until medium brown.
- Add the onion and stir until slightly tender. Put fish sauce. Mix until the fish sauce is reduced.
- Put the tomatoes and cover. Stir occasionally until the tomato juice oozes out of the fruit.
- Pour in the canned squid and long chili. Cover and simmer for a few minutes. Add fish sauce or table salt if necessary.
Source: Kitchen 101
(Visited 37 times, 1 visits today)