- 1 lb. of lean ground beef
- 2 -3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium size potatoes, diced
- ½ cup tomato sauce or one large tomato, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (or half green, half red)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 large carrot, diced (optional)
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce (optional)
- ½ cup cooked green peas (optional)
- 2 tsp. sugar (optional)
- cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the onion over medium in a bit of cooking oil until soft and transparent.
- Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant and slightly golden.
- Add in the meat and cook, breaking it apart and stirring until it turns light brown, about 5 mins.
- Add in the black pepper, tomato, soy sauce, fish sauce (if using) potatoes and carrots (if using).
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add in the water and simmer everything together over medium-low heat for 10-15 mins or until the vegetables are cooked through and the liquid in the dish has reduced to a sauce.
- Season with salt, pepper and more fish sauce to taste, add sugar if desired.
- Add the bell pepper and continue to cook everything until the bell pepper is tender.
- Serve hot with steamed white rice.
Source: Par Taste
(Visited 59 times, 1 visits today)