- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 10 whole cloves
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: mini marshmallows
- Combine first 3 ingredients in an 8- x 10-inch piece of cheesecloth; pull edges together, and tie to secure.
- Heat milk and spice bundle in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring just to a simmer. Remove from heat, cover, and steep 30 minutes.
- Remove spice bundle from milk. Heat milk mixture over medium-low heat until hot. Add brown sugar; cook, stirring constantly, until sugar melts. Add chocolate, stirring until chocolate melts. Stir in vanilla. Serve warm; garnish, if desired.
(Visited 35 times, 1 visits today)