- 1 cup mung beans (munggo)
- 2 cups stick rice (malagkit), washed
- ¼ kilo brown sugar
- 3 cups coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- In a pan, put in the mung beans and toast until brown. Remove from heat and cool down. Using mortar and pestle crack the toasted mung beans and set aside.
- Heat a cooking pot. Pour the coconut milk and let it boil. Put in the sticky rice. Simmer for a minute.
- Add the cracked mung beans. Add water and cook over a low heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the sugar and stir. Cook until the coconut milk is almost absorbed. Remove from heat and serve hot or cold. Best serve with evaporated milk.
Source: Jean’s Recipes
(Visited 25 times, 1 visits today)