- 13.5 oz. can coconut milk
- 5 cups water
- 3/4 cup sweet rice (you may substitute sushi rice or short-grain rice)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 tablespoon salted butter (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 4 to 5 ears fresh corn, shucked and scraped to collect the corn milk
- Boil the coconut milk, water, sweet rice, sugar, salt, and shredded coconut (if using) over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally.
- When rice is fully cooked and every grain is plump and sticky (the mixture will resemble runny rice pudding), add the butter, vanilla, and shucked fresh corn.
- Continue to cook, still stirring occasionally, until everything has thickened nicely. Take off heat and let cool. It will continue to thicken slightly as it cools.
- Serve warm or cold.
Source: The Ivory Hut
(Visited 31 times, 1 visits today)