This recipe for Ginataang Gulay with Pork and Shrimp is a quick and easy way to prepare this yummy dish. Ginataang gulay is commonly made-up of kalabasa (Calabaza squash) and snake beans. Other seasonings and ingredients are also added to complete the dish and make it taste good.
This particular recipe is different in a way because used lesser ingredients than the ordinary and was still able to come-up with an excellent tasting dish. I used an ingredient that is known as Ginataang Gulay mix. It provide this dish with the rich taste and creaminess of coconut milk and adds more flavor to the dish. This is the reason why I did not use garlic, salt, and other seasonings that I would have used when cooking ginataan dishes.
Ginataang gulay with pork and shrimp is a perfect dish to serve your family for lunch or even dinner. I like it because it is very easy and quick to prepare and the result was delicious. It reminded mo on how easy it was to cook baby back ribs nilaga.
What I did was to scoop a generous amount of warm rice in my plate and tried to open up the middle so that it resembles a volcano. I placed a nice amount of “ulam” in the middle and started to enjoy the dish.
Try this Ginataang Gulay with Pork and Shrimp Recipe. Enjoy!
Watch the Video on How to Cook Ginataang Gulay with Pork and Shrimp
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash or kalabasa
- 12 snake beans cut into 2 inch pieces
- ¼ lb. pork, sliced into small pieces
- 1 (45g) Knorr Ginataang Gulay mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 6 to 10 pieces shrimp, shell and head removed
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- A dash of ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Sauté the onion until it gets soft.
- Add the pork. Sauté until light brown
- Pour the water in the pot. Let boil.
- Stir-in the Gintaang Gulay mix. Continue to stir until it completely dissolves in water.
- Cover and cook in low heat for 8 to10 minutes. Note: you can add more water if needed.
- Add the squash. Stir. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put the snake beans in the pot. Stir and continue to cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and ground black pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve! Share and enjoy!