- 3 lbs blue crabs (Alimasag)
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 knob ginger, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion – thinly sliced
- 3 pcs sliced bell pepper
- 5 cloves of garlic – peeled and smashed
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
- ½ cup of ginger – peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 pieces bird’s eye chili (siling mahaba)
- 2 bunch fresh water spinach (kangkong)
- 1 bunch fresh string beans (sitaw)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- In a large pot, pour three tablespoons of cooking oil over low flame.
- Put all the smashed and peeled garlic and let it cook until it turns golden brown.Add onions and stir until it becomes soft. Don’t forget your ginger. Allow it to cook for a minute or two.
- At this stage, add the crabs. Place them evenly inside the pot.
- Pour coconut milk and spread evenly. Make sure that you cover the crabs.Add the black pepper then cover your pot. Let it boil for about 5 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce after five minutes. Frequently agitate the pot to avoid scorching of coconut milk.
- Replace the cover after the thorough agitation. Again, allow to cook for five minutes.
- Add string beans. Remember, let it submerge in the coconut milk. Leave it to cook for 4 minutes.
- After, add your water spinach. Again, let it submerge with the coconut milk. Leave it for 2 minutes.Taste it. If you are not satisfied, adjust the flavour by adding more fish sauce or salt.
- Check the colour of your crab. Usuallly, it turns reddish when it cooked.
- Before serving, add the bell peppers. Cover it for 2 minutes.
(Visited 84 times, 1 visits today)