- 1 kilo crabs (blue or green crabs)
- 3-4 cups malungay leaves
- 1/2 head garlic chopped
- 1 medium size onion chopped
- 2 thumb size ginger, cut into strips
- 3 cups pure coconut milk
- 2-3 hot red chili, chopped
- 3-4 green long chili
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- salt to taste
- Remove belly flap and trim legs of each crab wash and drain. Cut each crabs at mid-section in half set aside. In a large pot sauté garlic, ginger and onion until fragrant.
- Add 1 cup of the pure coconut milk and 1 1/2 cup of water bring it to a boil and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the crabs, red chili, green chili and fish sauce, continue to cook at moderate to low heat and continuously stirring for 5 to 8 minutes or until the crabs are cooked.
- Remove the crabs from the pot and keep aside.
- Add in the remaining coconut milk let boil and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally or until the coconut milk is reduce to about half.
- Add in the malungay leaves and continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Correct saltiness if required. Now add in the crabs and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve with a lot of rice.
(Visited 550 times, 1 visits today)