- ¼ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 pound ground lamb
- ¼ cup potato starch
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup fresh flatleaf parsley, minced
- ¼ cup fresh mint, minced
Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette:
- ⅔ cup halved tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the onion, garlic, oil and walnuts and pulse until you have a pulp. Transfer it to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the raw ground lamb to the mixture along with the potato starch, cumin, salt, red pepper flakes, parsley and mint. Using clean hands mix everything together really well until it is evenly combined.
- Shape the mixture evenly into 12 meatballs and place them on a sheetpan. Bake them at 375 degrees for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- While the meatballs are roasting, make the vinaigrette:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lay a piece of foil on a sheet pan and add the halved tomatoes, garlic and 1 tablespoons of the olive oil. Sprinkle with a little kosher salt and roast at 375 for 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and empty the contents of the foil into the jar of a blender, including the oil and juices from the tomatoes. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and the red wine vinegar and puree until smooth. Season to taste with kosher salt and set aside.
- I like to serve them on a bed of pre-cooked lentils and greens (I used mache greens). Drizzle with Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette and serve hot or warm.
Source: Heather Christo
(Visited 40 times, 1 visits today)