Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 4 Large Cloves Garlic, Peeled & Thinly Sliced
- 2 Large Lemons, Zested & Squeezed
- 6 Tablespoons Olive OIl
- 1 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Pound Medium Shrimp With Shells
- 1/4 Onion, Peeled & Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- 3/4 Pound Long Pasta (Spaghetti, Linguine, Fettuccine)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley Leaves
- Lemon Wedges
- Remove the shells from the shrimp, and devein, reserving the shells in a pot.
- In a small casserole or bowl, add the shrimp, garlic, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, pepper flakes, salt and pepper and mix.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Add the onion and wine to the shrimp shells, and then add enough water to cover.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Strain the liquid, and reserve 3/4 cup of the shrimp stock.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade, and heat a frying pan to high heat.
- Cook the shrimp, turning once until pink in color and cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes total cooking time, then set aside.
- In a small pot, add the shrimp stock and shrimp marinade, and cook over high heat until reduced by half.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, then cook the pasta until it is “al dente”.
- Drain the pasta, mix with the shrimp and reduced cooking liquid, butter, and parsley.
- Toss the pasta well and serve in individual bowls with lemon wedges.
(Visited 71 times, 1 visits today)