- 1/3 cup roasted, salted cashew nuts
- handful fresh cilantro leaves + a bit extra for serving
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- juice of 1 large lime
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 chicken pieces – use your favorites
- In a blender or food processor, combine nuts, cilantro, oil, garlic, soy sauce, sugar and lime juice. Blend until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Smear the chicken generously with the marinade. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for at least 3 hours (overnight is best).
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°C. Line a roasting pan with a double layer of foil and brush it lightly with oil. Place the chicken onto the foil and drizzle with the remaining marinade.
- Roast for about 1 hour or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh cilantro leaves.
Source: Technicolor Kitchen
(Visited 24 times, 1 visits today)