- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 oz cream cheese (I used garden vegetable flavor)
- ¼ cup fresh chopped herbs (I used basil, rosemary, parsley, thyme)
- 1 lg yellow onion sliced into 1/8 rings
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse and pat dry chicken breast. Lay chicken out on a cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Pound the chicken flat with a rolling pin or meat tenderizer. Butterfly if necessary. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl mix together the cream cheese with the chopped herbs and garlic until well combined. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the flattened chicken breast.
- In another small bowl combine the bread crumbs and the Parmesan cheese. Lightly sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the chicken. Roll the chicken breast as tightly as possible into a roll.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Place sliced onions on the bottom of the dish to form a bed for the chicken breasts. Place chicken on top of onions and top with more onions. Sprinkle everything with the remaining breadcrumb mixture so as to evenly coat.
- Place dish on the center rack for 40 minutes or until chicken is done and onions are golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serving suggestion, cut into slices and serve with greens and cous cous.
(Visited 53 times, 1 visits today)