Instead of fast food sweet potato fries, frozen sweet potato fries are a healthier option. A 3-ounce serving of Alexia Sweet Potato Julienne Fries (about 12 pieces) has 140 calories, 5 grams fat, 8 grams carbohydrate, and 6 milligrams of sodium.
Are Alexia fries healthy?
Not bad. For fries, a 12-fry serving gives you 140 calories, 5 grams of healthy fat, 3 grams of fiber, 6 grams of sugar and 1 gram or protein, plus lots of vitamin A and some potassium. … With that addictive sweetness that sweet potatoes are known for, these fries are delicious.
Are Alexia sweet potato fries fried?
Creatively crafted, chef-inspired Alexia Sweet Potato fries are cut from sweet potatoes and seasoned with a delicious hint of sea salt. … Our potatoes and appetizers are par-fried before freezing, which means they are already partially prepared and only need to be cooked before eating.
Why sweet potato fries are bad for you?
*Fat and sodium content may vary between different brands of either type of fries. Sweet potato fries are slightly higher in calories and carbs but also more nutrient dense than French fries. The greatest nutrient difference is that French fries have no vitamin A, while sweet potato fries are high in this nutrient.
Are sweet potato fries a healthy snack?
Sweet potatoes contain about 15 grams more carbohydrates per serving, but that’s no reason to pass on these tubers; they can also make super-tasty and healthy baked fries. The same 3-ounce serving of frozen sweet potato fries contains 140 calories, 5 grams of fat and typically less sodium than the regular fries.
What are the healthiest fries?
Where To Find The ‘Healthiest’ Fast Food Fries
- McDonald’s World Famous Fries.
- Burger King French Fries (*Value Size) …
- Arby’s Curly Fries (*Snack Size) …
- Sonic Natural Cut Fries. …
- KFC Seasoned Potato Wedges. …
- Jack In The Box French Fries. …
- Wendy’s Natural-Cut Fries. …
- Chick-Fil-A Waffle Potato Fries. …
What are the best frozen fries?
The Best Frozen French Fries In The Freezer Aisle
- 1 Ore-Ida Extra Crispy Fast Food Fries. Ore-Ida target.com. $2.79. SHOP NOW. …
- 2 McCain Extra Crispy Crinkle Fries. McCain walmart.com. $2.48. SHOP NOW. …
- 3 Alexia Waffle Cut Sweet Potato Fries. Alexia target.com. $3.79. …
- 4 Ore-Ida Golden Steak Fries. Ore-Ida walmart.com. $2.96. …
- 5 Crinkle Cut French Fries. wholefoodsmarket.com. $365.00.
How do you fry Alexia sweet potato fries?
Preheat your air fryer to 400°F. Add your frozen sweet potato fries. Cook for 8–10 minutes or until the desired crispiness is achieved, shaking the basket midway through cooking.
What are the best frozen sweet potato fries?
Fries That Tried
- The Sweetest Fry: 365 Crinkle Cut Sweet Potato Fries.
- Most Carrot-like: Publix Sweet Potato Fries.
- Sweet and Sour?: Alexia All-Natural Frozen Sweet Potato Fries.
- Best Seasoning: Alexia All Natural Frozen Waffle Cut Sweet Potato Seasoned Fries.
- Crispiest Coating: Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Straight Fries.
How long do you air Fry Alexia sweet potato fries?
Specific Directions for Cooking Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees.
- Place frozen sweet potato fries into the air fryer. …
- Cook the fries for 7-8 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through to allow for even cooking.
Are sweet potato fries good for weight loss?
They’re far more likely to lead to weight gain than overdoing it on the sweet potato itself. So, yes, sweet potatoes are a fiber-loaded, low-calorie side that’s great for weight loss—as long as you’re not eating them in the form of a mound of fries.
What is the healthiest way to cook sweet potatoes?
Boiling sweet potatoes retains more beta-carotene and makes the nutrient more absorbable than other cooking methods such as baking or frying. Up to 92% of the nutrient can be retained by limiting the cook time, such as boiling in a pot with a tightly covered lid for 20 minutes.
Are sweet potatoes healthier than regular potatoes?
Sweet potatoes are often touted as being healthier than white potatoes, but in reality, both types can be highly nutritious. While regular and sweet potatoes are comparable in their calorie, protein, and carb content, white potatoes provide more potassium, whereas sweet potatoes are incredibly high in vitamin A.
What are the disadvantages of sweet potatoes?
Risks. Sweet potatoes contain potassium. A high potassium intake may not be suitable for people who take beta-blockers. Doctors commonly prescribe these for heart disease, and they can cause potassium levels to rise in the blood.
Why do bodybuilders eat sweet potatoes?
Carbohydrates are stored as glycogen, which is your body’s primary fuel source for moderate to intense exercise. … As such, complex carbohydrate sources like sweet potatoes are a useful part of a bulking diet. One large baked sweet potato provides about 38 grams of carbohydrate.
Do sweet potatoes cause weight gain?
However, sweet potatoes have gained a reputation for being a fattening vegetable due to its high-calorie content. But that’s not true. In fact, sweet potatoes are considered as a healthy alternative to normal potatoes and have scientifically been proven to help in weight loss.