Place the ham on a rack in a roasting pan. Add water to the bottom of the pan and cover tightly with lid or foil. Bake at 325 F for 15 to 18 minutes per pound until a meat thermometer registers 140 F. Basting the ham as it heats will add to the moisture and overall flavor.
How long do you cook an already cooked ham?
For this recipe a bone-in fully cooked ham cooks for about 12-14 minutes per pound (a 9lb ham will take about 2 1/4 hours). It is easy to overcook ham so to really make a perfect baked ham, I suggest using a thermometer like this one.
Do you have to heat up a fully cooked ham?
A fully cooked, ready-to-eat ham (also referred to as a “city ham”) can be sliced and served cold or at room temperature—there’s no need to reheat it.
How do you reheat spiral-sliced ham?
If the ham is spiral-sliced, place it cut side down in a baking dish. Cover with tightly with foil. Reheat in a 325-degree oven until it reaches an internal temperature of 135 to 140 degrees. You can also place the ham in an oven bag.
How do you cook a precooked ham without a glaze?
How To Cook A Precooked Ham
- Cut the ham free from the package, cover it in foil and reheat it to a good serving temperature.
- Cooking it at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes per pound should do the trick, depending on the type of ham (whole or half, bone-in or no bone ― these specifics are outlined here).
What temperature do you cook a precooked ham?
A precooked ham should be cooked in the oven at 325 degrees F for 10 minutes per pound, or until it reaches 145 degrees F, according to the USDA.
How do you heat a spiral ham without drying it out?
How to Cook Spiral Ham Without Drying It Out
- Preheat 325.
- Remove spiral ham from package, reserve the liquid. Put the spiral ham in pan with rack in the bottom and with the fat side UP.
- Pour package juices in the bottom of the pan to avoid drying it out.
- Cover spiral ham tightly with foil, no steam escapes.
- Place CENTER of oven.
How long do you heat a fully cooked spiral ham?
Preheat oven to 275°F. Remove all packaging materials and place ham face down directly into baking dish or roasting pan. (Place whole ham on its side.) Cover tightly with lid, foil or place in cooking bag and heat at 275°F for approximately 12-15 minutes per pound.
How do you heat a 10 pound spiral ham?
Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 275˚F for approximately 15 minutes per pound, until heated through (see chart). Do not overcook! Remove ham from oven and let stand 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
How do you heat a fully cooked Smithfield ham?
Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Remove all packaging materials and place ham on its side, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan; cover loosely with aluminum foil. 2. Heat approximately 15 to 20 minutes per pound until heated through.
How do you heat up a Honey Baked Ham without drying it out?
- Keep the Honey-Baked Ham in its original foil wrapper or remove the wrapper and wrap with your own foil to prevent drying out.
- Maintain the oven temperature at about 275 to 300 degrees.
- A general time guide is to heat for 10 minutes for every pound of ham.
Can I cook the ham the day before Thanksgiving?
Can I Cook the Ham The Day Before Thanksgiving? Yes, you absolutely CAN cook the ham the day before and then refrigerate overnight.
Is a smoked ham fully cooked?
The answer, in short, is if it is cured, smoked or baked, ham is considered “pre-cooked,” and would not technically need to be cooked. This includes the ham that is purchased at the deli. In fact, most ham that is sold to consumers is already cured, smoked or baked.
Can you eat precooked ham cold?
Spiral-cut hams, which are fully cooked, are best served cold because heating sliced hams can dry out the meat and cause the glaze to melt. If reheating is desired, heat to 140 °F (165 °F for leftover spiral-cut hams or ham that has been repackaged in any other location outside the plant).