Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Servings: 4 – 6
- 8 Ounces Grated Montasio Cheese
- 1 Medium Potato, Peeled & Boiled Until Tender
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Pancetta, Cooked Until Crispy
- 2 Green Onions (Scallions), Chopped, Retaining Some To Be Used As A Garnish
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Slice the potato thinly and set aside.
- Scatter half the cheese over the bottom of a 8 to 9 inch frying pan, then cover the cheese with the potatoe slices.
- Scatter the pancetta and onions over the potatoes and sprinkle with cracked black pepper.
- Cover the potatoes with the remaining cheese and turn the burner on to medium heat.
- Cook the frico until the bottom is a deep golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place a large dinner plate over the frying pan and carefully flip the frico over onto the plate.
- Slide the frico back into the frying pan and cook this side until golden brown like the first.
- Turn the frico out onto a cutting board and use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut into wedges.
- Place the wedges onto a platter, and scatter the remaining green onions on top.
- Sprinkle the top with a little additional cracked black pepper, then serve immediately.
(Visited 47 times, 1 visits today)