- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cm piece ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 red chilies, roughly chopped*
- 1 Tbsp lemongrass
- 1 Tbsp shrimp paste
- 200 g egg noodles
- 400 mL fish stock
- 1 400 mL can of coconut cream
- 400 g fresh fish fillets, divided into four portions
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Cup mushrooms, sliced
- Fresh coriander
- Mung bean sprouts
- Spring onion (scallion)
- Make the curry paste by blitzing all of the curry paste ingredients together in a food processor.
- Heat a large sauce pan over a medium heat and fry the curry paste for a couple of minutes, until very fragrant. Add the fish stock and coconut cream and mushrooms. Bring to a simmer and simmer for about 10 minutes, to allow the soup the thicken. Cook the noodles according to the package directions during this time.
- Add the fish and poach for about 5-7 minutes, until the fish is cooked (it will start to fall apart). Add the fish sauce and lime juice and adjust the flavors to suit your tastes.
- Divide drained cooked noodles between four bowls. Add a piece of fish to each bowl, pour over the laksa and top with fresh coriander and mung bean sprouts, and spring onion
- * this is a rough guide only. We like quite a bit of heat in our meals so adjust the amount of chili accordingly. If you are just after a bit of warmth but no real heat then use 1 chili with the seeds and spine removed.
Source: Pic Nic
Via: Fish Laksa Recipe
(Visited 33 times, 1 visits today)