- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 150 grams fish fillet, cut into 1″ pieces or chunks
- knob of ginger, sliced thinly into strips
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- fish sauce, to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons tausi ( fermented black beans), available in Asian grocery stores
- ground black pepper
- scallions/green onions
- Lightly season fish fillet pieces with salt and pepper, set aside. Heat cooking oil and sesame oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onion, saute until fragrant then add black beans. Cook for about a minute then add a cup of water; season with fish sauce ( or soy sauce if you want), and a little sugar and black pepper; bring to a boil then add the fish fillet pieces.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, then invert the fish fillet pieces and cook for about 3-5 minutes more.
- Make the slurry by mixing cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water then add a little of this to the pan ( you may use all of it or not depending on how you want the consistency of your sauce); bring to a boil, check the seasoning then turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle scallions and serve with rice. Enjoy! :)
Source: Latest Recipe
(Visited 74 times, 1 visits today)