- 1 lb ground meat
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled, sliced then cubed into small pieces
- 1 large ripe tomato, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, cubed into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
- 6 eggs
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Cook meat in a large skillet and then set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onions. Saute until garlic is golden brown about 1 minute.
- Add potatoes, tomatoes and 1/2 cup stock or water. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and reduce to low heat until potatoes are almost tender (about 5 minutes). Stir occasionally.
- Add celery, peppers, and meat. Mix. Season to taste. Cook 2 minutes and remove from heat. Allow meat mixture to cool.
- Beat eggs until slightly foamy and add meat mixture to eggs. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Get a frying pan and add oil and set to medium-high heat. When hot, pour half of mixture in pan. Rotate pan to spread mixture evenly.
- Shake pan gently and often to prevent burning or sticking. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Use a spatula to make sure the omelette is not stuck to the pan. When you are sure, position a plate on top of frying pan and flip egg over. Slide omelette back into pan from the plate.
- Cook egg thoroughly and wait until the meat is heated once more about 5 minutes. Remember to shake pan so that heat is not trapped under the omelette.
- Repeat from step 6 with remaing torta mixture.
Source: Cooking For My Family
(Visited 59 times, 1 visits today)